- Ancestry specific associations of a genetic risk score, dietary patterns and metabolic syndrome: a longitudinal ARIC study
- Broadening our understanding of genetic risk for scleroderma/systemic sclerosis by querying the chromatin architecture surrounding the risk haplotypes
- Transcriptomic biomarker pathways associated with death in HIV-infected patients with cryptococcal meningitis
Recently in BMC Medical Genomics
BMC Series Focus Issues
In celebration of World Environment Day on the 5th June, the BMC Series presents a focus issue on Water and Sanitation. We have collated open-access content from across our journals to highlight research into clean water, investigating links between water and health and our overall relationship with water.
With Mental Health Awareness Month in May, the BMC Series presents a focus issue on ‘Understanding Mental Health’. We have brought together content to highlight research into understanding and improving mental health.
Aims and scope
- Clare Mc Fadden, BioMed Central, UK
- Arwa Tawfiq, BioMed Central, UK
Get credit for your data!
Valuable data often go unpublished when they could be helping to progress science. Hence, the BMC Series introduced Data notes, a short article type allowing you to describe your data and publish them to make your data easier to find, cite and share.
Join our Editorial Board
We are now recruiting Editorial Board Members for our Board to join our team of academic editors in assessing manuscripts in the field of medical genomics.
BMC Series Blog
Annual Journal Metrics
91 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
59 days to first decision for all manuscripts
161 days from submission to acceptance
22 days from acceptance to publication
595 Altmetric Mentions
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.